Friday, July 30, 2010

Busy Body

It is a good think I've started this blog or would never be able to keep track of all of Emily's accomplishments! So much has happened between 10-12 months! Today at almost 12 months, Emily climbed a whole flight of stairs by herself! I think she could have probably done this a few weeks ago, but of course I've sheltered her from the stairs. Today I thought, "Well, why not? The climbing is good for her and she'll do it anyway eventually." I helped her little knees up the first step and watched as she pulled herself to stand on the next step. Then, I helped her up a few more steps just helping her get started and letting her do the rest herself. After about 4 or 5 steps, she did the remaining 10 by herself! She really got into a rhythm with it! We clapped for ourselves at the top of the stairs. I also tried to show her how to back down them, but she didn't want to learn that yet and cried if I tried to help her go backwards. For good measure, we climbed two more flights of stairs and Mom didn't help at all. Tonight, she went to sleep really easily so this may become a bedtime routine to use up some toddler energy if needed!

About two weeks ago, Emily started to "kick" balls on the ground. Watching her is like watching a soccer player do their footwork. She dances all around the ball hitting it in different ways. She also likes to throw balls and sometimes she'll do an impressive double handed throw of whatever toy she has in her hands at the time. Emily has also taken new interest in some of her stuffed animals. She likes Big Bird and her polar bear. She carries the polar bear around by his scarf which looks pretty comical. She doesn't care for any of her "lovies." When I try to give her a small stuffed animal to sleep with, she promptly throws it over the bed. In the mornings when we check on her, she's often thrown her small blanket and toy out of the crib. Emily is also into her wooden farm animals puzzle. She carries the puzzle pieces all around our upstairs rooms and it has become my personal challenge to find them all and put the puzzle back together while she sleeps.

I can't wait to take Emily to the doctor to get weighed and measured for height. She seems SO tall now! Her feet can touch the back seat of the car when she's in her baby car seat. We will be shopping for our next car seat soon. I think she is probably small to average for weight and probably average to tall for height. We'll see if I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment