Tuesday, November 2, 2010

October

My little EK legacy at Homecoming 2010

Happy Baby Bennett!

Bath Time! After a full day of travel, Bennett was ready to for a good bath.

Hanging out with Bennett

Emmy and Jeremy: Homecoming 2010



My favorite...



I love fall in KY! I don't know if I would ever want to live somewhere without seasons (although I do think I could live without 3 months of winter.) After a hot summer, the milder temperatures are a relief! I can finally enjoy long walks and trips to the park with sweet Emmy! We spent the first part of the month with Jeremy's parents in Hilton Head. When we got back, it was time to show off Emily at Georgetown's Homecoming festivities! It is hard to believe that I graduated from Georgetown ten years ago, but then so much has happened since then...PT school, first jobs, engagement, wedding, new house, and BABY!

We hosted the Cullum family for a couple of days during their whirlwind KY trip. It was wonderful to finally meet Amber and Sam's little boy, Bennett. I miss them very much. I'm hoping we will be able to visit them this winter or spring in Florida. We had dinner at our home one night, a late night of girl talk on the couch, and a trip to the park and then it was time to say good-bye. (They headed to Lexington to see more family and friends there.)

Last weekend, we went to Bowling Green to visit our family. We finally got to make a trip to the pumpkin patch at Jackson's Orchard. (Well, we made it to the orchard, but bypassed the actual pumpkin patch!) This is a family tradition that I can not miss! Sometimes we go to Huber's in Indiana, but one way or another, I have to go every fall! Last fall Emily was only 2-3 mon. old and not able to sit up unsupported yet. This fall, she was walking around everywhere and we could barely get a photo! Jeremy tried forever to get a shot of her, but she is always in perpetual motion unless she is asleep or in our laps with a book. We were finally able to hold her attention long enough for a few shots in the orchard.

Jeremy and I enjoyed a few hours of hiking in the Mammoth Cave National Park while mom and dad kept Emily for us. I love to hike and unfortunately I only go a few times a year. The trails were well marked, the weather was perfect, and the trees were beautiful. I was so happy to get to spend a few hours with Jeremy all to myself!

Cooper and Hunter are growing up so fast. Cooper is now 6 mon. old. He's doing his own special "crawl" which is kind of an army crawl combined with lunging for whatever he wants. The 7 week difference between Hunter and Emily has all but disappeared. They are into the same stuff and both of them love to walk, run, and climb. Hunter started saying "uhh, oh" when he drops something or gets into trouble which is SO cute. Mom and Dad bought a fire pit for the outdoor patio. We got to break that in and make some s'mores, except Dad ate most of the graham crackers before we had a chance so it was mostly just marshmallows and chocolate! lol.




1 comment:

  1. It was such a joy to be there with you and your family.

    I love the pictures of Emily in the leaves. They are sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete