Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day was my first one since we moved from KY. I can't recall a time when I did not celebrate this day with either my mother or mother-in-law. For most of my life, I also got to see my grandmothers on Mother's Day. Despite missing our moms, we had a great day. I think it helped that Mom and Dad just came for a long visit so our love tank with them is still full. Jeremy's parents will be here Saturday so we have that to look forward to. We were in a good spot emotionally and therefore we thoroughly enjoyed our day and did not feel homesick.

The kids got me a sweet little necklace and a pretty journal. We are going to use the journal every year as my Mother's Day "card" and keep adding things to it. At least that's the plan. We'll see how long we can keep it up. So, this year I had Emily's sweet little 4 year old "signature" in it and Jeremy is going to write a little love note in it for me. I guess we will let Caleb scribble in it, too!

We spent our day enjoying church activities and ordering food to-go! Jeremy picked up one of my favorite sandwiches at Blue Dot Cafe that's just around the corner. For dinner, he picked up food from our favorite burger place. I was most excited for our family bike ride. Emily just got a Trek trail-a-bike. I guess that's what you call it? It's like a tandem bike that you add to the back of an adult's bike. It allows her to pedal with Jeremy and stay hooked up to him. It is awesome! I'm so glad we got it. I lucked out that I found a nice used one. She and Jeremy used it a little Saturday for the first time. Sunday was the first time the whole family got to bike together. I love sharing activities that I enjoy on my own and being able to include the children. Caleb has a baby seat on the back of my bike. We biked about 3 1/2 miles to Bayfarm Island and back by way of Grand St. and Shoreline Dr. So, we had a nice Bay views for nearly all of the bike ride! It was a bit windy at times which made it much harder. Between the wind and Caleb's added weight, I was really tired by the time we got back home! I was so proud of little Emily for biking 7 miles! (with Jeremy's help) She did great. We stopped a few times to rest and enjoy the views at Bayfarm Island. We let Caleb get out and walk around for at least 15 minutes at a little park area there.

Last night I indulged in a few episodes of NBC's Parenthood. I really love that show and even though I saw most of last season, I've been catching up and filling in the holes with a few episodes that I had missed.

The biggest Mother's Day news I have is that we are expecting #3! I'm due Oct. 25th! This was a bit of a surprise, but Jeremy and I have often talked about if we should have one more or stop at two. I guess the good Lord gave us a nudge that we needed one more. I'm one of three kids and I love a bigger family, but I admit to being pretty apprehensive about how to handle the first couple of years with children who are so young, especially since we have no family here to help us regularly. However, one look at how much we love Emily and Caleb and how much love and joy they bring to our lives makes the fears melt away. How can we not love the baby of the family just as much! We are going to TRY really hard to wait until the baby is born to find out if it's a boy or girl. It will be really hard to wait, but if we can do it, this will be the best surprise of my life!




2 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed reading this post. Love you friend and hope you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! Love you, too. I feel great. Time is flying by. Still doing all of my usual activities and the belly isn't so big to be in the way yet. Kind of dreading the "bigness" of the last few weeks of pregnancy (and the delivery!) Yikes!

      Delete