Friday, June 11, 2010

Emily's first word is....

OK, so when do you know when to make the call on "first word" or is it just baby babble? I think as Emily's mommy, I'm going to make the official call that Emily's first word is "hi." A close second would be "dada" and distant third is "mama." Emily regularly says "Hi" when she meets people and she seems to use it appropriate as a greeting. So, that would make it her first word, right? Her first two syllable word would be "dada." Sometimes Emily just babbles "dadada.", but many times I hear her say it when she wants to be picked up or say "dada" to indicate she wants Jeremy or me. (She also likes to point a lot.) Nancy and I have also noticed that Emily has said "baby" or "baba." Nancy said that on Wednesday she pointed to a baby in a magazine and said "baby." I've seen her point to a framed photo of herself and say "baby." On more than one occasion, she repeated "baby" after I said it.

Anyway, in case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited that my baby is learning to communicate and I can't wait to hear what is next.

No comments:

Post a Comment