Sunday, June 27, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Jeremy celebrated his first Father's Day this year! Jeremy has definitely become a seasoned parent over the past few months. I don't know what I would do without him. Sometimes I think about single mothers, divorced mothers, widowed mothers, and I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband and father in Jeremy. It is wonderful to be able to divvy up responsibilities, give each other a break when one of us is weary, and witness all of the beautiful baby moments together. It has been a joy to see him grow in his confidence in taking care of Emily. It is beautiful to see their father/daughter bond growing stronger every day.

This year, Emily got Jeremy a baseball batting tee. (She knows her Daddy so well already!) We also got Jeremy a book called Father's, Daughters, and Sports. The book caught my attention because I want Jeremy and Emily to experience a similar relationship that I had with my dad with sports. He didn't hesitate to teach me how to throw a softball or shoot a jump shot just because I was a girl. I can remember Dad hitting softballs to me in our large front yard and teaching me how to judge where it would land so I could catch it in the air. Dad would get home after working all day and still have energy to play with us until it was too dark outside. Many times he would still be wearing his work uniform.

Who knows if Emily will love sports or dancing or art. I know that Jeremy will be loving and supportive of her dreams. Happy Father's Day to my sweet husband and to Poppy and Pop who are both head over heels in love with their only granddaughter!






No comments:

Post a Comment