Yesterday we took little Emily to the doctor again---for a well visit! Yeah! She was 18 mon. old this month and it was time to get a check-up. She only got one MMR shot. Emily weighed 24.8 lbs which was 55th percentile and she was 32 1/4 in. tall which was 75th percentile. She probably would have weighed more had she not been sick this month. We had about 4-5 days when Emily was eating very little. She is more than making up for it now and I'm amazed at where she is putting all of this food! When Dr. Johnson checked out her ears, she noticed that they were still red and inflamed. She said that the antibiotic she was on recently didn't get all of the infection. This was news to us since Emily has not acted sick in over a week. She has been sleeping well and eating like a champ. So, lucky us, we got to get another 10 day antibiotic. Hope this one knocks it out completely and hopefully, we caught this early enough that it won't cause the pain, whimpering, and restless sleep that so often happens with an ear infection. Emily has only had two ear infections in her lifetime, so I hope this won't be a chronic problem leading to getting tubes. I guess time will tell.
Today I am thankful:
71) for my new niece, Elizabeth Corley Hannah, who was born yesterday and arrived healthy!
72) that Jennifer's c-section went as expected and she is recuperating.
73) that Don and Nancy arrived safely to Texas after an all day drive.
74) that Don and Nancy were able to hold baby Elizabeth on her birth day!
75) that Jennifer and Ed are proud parents to a baby girl!
76) that Emily now has a girl cousin!
77) that Emily is growing and developing normally
78) for our new babysitter (and neighbor) who takes such good care of Emmy on Mondays and Fridays.
79) that Emily loves her babysitter and enjoys the attention from her children.
80) for cute monogrammed shirts with Emily's initials!