Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cute quotes and such

* Emily LOVES popsicles and ice cream. I try to limit the ice cream to 1-2x/week at most, but I hate to admit that she pretty much gets one popsicle a day since the weather has warmed up. Lately, Emily will wake up asking for a popsicle for breakfast! Crazy girl! Anyway, it totally cracks me up that if she gets a boo boo or gets upset about something not going her way, she will say "I wanna popsicle to make me feel better." She says it with all seriousness, too. She REALLY feels that a popsicle will make it all better.

* Lately, Jeremy and I have been feeling of Emily's stomach after meals to make sure she's "eaten enough." It is a cute little thing my Dad used to do with us. Emily will say, "check my belly."  A lot of times, I can get my lightweight eater to eat another couple of bites of dinner just by telling her that I don't think her belly is big enough. This week after dinner, Emily said, "Mommy's gotta big belly. Good job, Mommy!" (I'm 24 wks. pregnant.) 

* Emily has become VERY dramatic with her skinned knees. During Memorial Day weekend, she scraped her knee and you would have thought her hamstrings were cramping by the way she was walking. For at least 10 minutes, she walked around Mom and Dad's living room with a flexed knee and barely placed any weight on that leg. She wouldn't even let me straighten her knee or touch it. She just kept walking her crazy walk. It was hilarious. Unfortunately, Emily has had lots of scraped knees since she is playing outside more and wearing shorts. We have had a lot of "pulled hamstrings" at our house lately.

* Emily has mastered "the pause."
Me: Emily can you please pick up your ______.
Emily: "Hmmm, let me think (pause with head tilted to left, eyes looking up as if in deep thought). "I don't want to."

* We have been really working with Emily to try at least one bite of everything on her plate at dinner. Even when I know she doesn't like what Jeremy and I may be eating, I just want to keep exposing her to it and hopefully, it won't seem as scary after she's seen it 10 x and has tasted or smelled it. I try to convince her to give it a try, but if she really, really doesn't want to eat it, she should say, "No, thank you." Now Emily likes to use this phrase to get out of other "unpleasant" tasks. The other day she told me "no thank you, mommy" when she didn't want to come inside from playing.






No comments:

Post a Comment