Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cute expressions

I wanted to write down a few things about Emily before I forget some of her little three year old quirks and funny expressions. Emily LOVES sweets. My sister and I joke that Emily should have been her daughter! :) For the most part, we give Emily pretty healthy foods. It's not like she has cake and cookies every day so when she does have them, she SAVORS it. Today her preschool teacher told me that it was Sam's birthday and his Mom brought in chocolate donuts for the class. She said, "Emily was SO excited! Most of the kids had eaten theirs up in a couple of minutes while Emily took about ten minutes!" I had to smile that her preschool teacher noticed this little quirk.

Emily is pretty communicative about her feelings and what she does or does not want to do. One particular morning, she did not want to leave the house for preschool. She whined and complained quite a bit. While we were in the car on the way to school, she said to me, "Mommy, sometimes I like to go to preschool and sometimes I don't like to go to preschool." She repeated it a few more times for emphasis. I told her I knew exactly what she meant. Her little observation about her feelings made me smile because it was like she was explaining to me why she acted cranky earlier that morning. We had a nice talk about how it is sometimes nice to stay in our PJs and not be rushed to go anywhere. I told her that sometimes Mommy and Daddy don't want to go to work, but sometimes we have to do things we may not want to do because it is the right thing. Emily said the same thing about going to church one morning, "Sometimes I like to go to church and sometimes, I don't like to go to church..."

We passed by Toys R Us on our way home from ballet class yesterday and Emily said, "Mommy, I want to go to the Toy Story!"

Emily still calls marshmallows "marshies" and sunglasses are "sunnys." So cute. I don't ever correct her.

Recently, I was joking around with Emily and "pretend crying" that she was growing up so fast and would be "FOUR years old on her next birthday." Emily was pretty calm and matter of fact and just said, "Don't worry, mommy. I'm still three years old right now."

While shopping the other day, Emily kept saying, "Hey Mom, Check it out!" Every time she found something interesting or cool, she would say, "check it out!" I don't know where she learned that, but it was funny.

I also noticed that she has learned the saying, "Coming right up!" I asked her to get something for me and without a moment's hesitation she said, "OK, coming right up!" haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment