Wednesday, January 8, 2014

HALLELUJAH

This is just a quick little blog post to commemorate that Emily is no longer a bed wetter! Hallelujah! I was hoping we weren't going to go to kindergarten this year still having to wear a pull-up at night. She's been potty trained during waking hours since she was 2 1/2 yrs. old, but continued to have accidents during nap time and bedtime. Of course this was completely unconscious so there wasn't a lot I could do about it. A few months ago, she stopped needing a pull-up for naps. Recently, she has been waking up many mornings with a dry pull-up or with only a small accident. During Christmas break in KY, she wasn't having accidents in her pull-up so when we got back home, we didn't buy anymore. She's now gone three nights without an accident! I'm so happy! Even though we only used one pull-up a day, I was really getting tired of buying them for my four year old. Back in November, we tried going without the pull-up and making her pee before bedtime and then waking her before we went to bed at 11 pm for her to go again. Well, that was a complete failure because she's a really heavy sleeper. She cried as I got her out of bed and cried the whole time I put her on the toilet. (She wouldn't even walk to the toilet. I had to carry her.) It was not worth it to make my little girl cry that much, so we never tried that again. It's just funny how one day her body was ready and that was the end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment