Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween--We ROCKED it!

Jeremy and I rarely dress-up with our kids for Halloween or go to the trouble to have everyone's outfits coordinate with some theme. I've always just let Emily and Caleb decide what they want to do. We've had mostly princesses or fairies the past few years with Emily. Caleb was a Tiger one year and a Giants baseball player last year.

Last year, I came across a photo of a local large family with everyone all dressed up in Incredibles costumes. It was totally epic. They had about six kids. Most were babies or toddlers or preschoolers. The Mom was selling some of the outfits and I mentally made a note of her name and thought I might want to contact her one day. Last year I was just a few days postpartum with Anna Kate and could barely walk the block for Halloween so it wasn't the year to try it. I mentally thought, "Next year, will be perfect to do it!" A few weeks prior to Halloween, I contacted the mom with all of the costumes and sure enough, she still had several! She had sold the Mr. Incredible muscle costume, but the lady who had bought it from her was now ready to pass it on. I was so excited! I spent $20 on Jeremy's costume and borrowed three from my Alameda mom contact. I ended up needing to spend about $20 on Emily's costume, too. My contact only had boy costumes (with the muscle chests) and I didn't want her to have that one. (Emily's Violet costume was delivered ON Halloween! Talk about cutting it close!)

Halloween was on Saturday this year which was even better. We had time to eat an early dinner and get dressed up for the night. I wish we had had another chance besides Halloween night to wear our costumes. It would have been fun to dress up and have our families and/or close friend see us.

Here's Em and C showing off their super-hero strength!

Check out this rare moment of capturing all three kids sitting in one spot and looking up! Oh my gosh, I just about die with happiness when I see these three. Check out Dash, Baby Jack Jack and Violet! If I had been a stickler, I would have painted Anna Kate's face. She wouldn't keep on the mask and I couldn't bear to make her cry with drawing black paint all over her and then having to wipe it off later. The masks that came with the costumes were pretty horrible so I'm glad my black face pencil worked out OK and I had an extra super-hero mask left over from C's birthday party since he wouldn't allow us to paint him. Crazy enough, Caleb left on this mask the WHOLE night without complaint. haha!

This just might be my favorite photo of 2015. haha! It is so perfect! We only had a short window of time to get this taken before it got too dark. Plus, we were using a tripod! Can you believe that? We got this with a tripod! I was really worried that after all the trouble of getting everyone a costume, then getting everyone dressed up, that we wouldn't even get one good photo of everyone. So thankful we did. :)


We took the red wagon again for our Halloween outing in the Gold Coast area near our home. Halloween is really big here. So many houses decorate and neighbors hang out on their sidewalks or front porches during the prime trick-or-treating hours. EVERYWHERE we went, we got so much attention. I felt like a celebrity. ;) People were like, "Oh my gosh! It's The Incredibles!" "Look they even have a baby!" We got smiles and high fives and funny comments like that the whole night. People would give us extra candy for our effort. Caleb's little black shoes light up when he runs so that made it pretty funny, too. Little Dash would literally dash out of the wagon to get his candy bucket filled while his shoes lit up the way. This fun night with the kids will stay in my memory forever. We may have to do an encore next year. It was that fun, but we'll never beat this year. The kids were just the perfect ages.

Elastigirl and Jack Jack

Our ride


Just an example of one of the local homes all decked out.

Jeremy stayed in character pretty much the whole night. It was hilarious. 

Y'all Mr. Incredible is SO dreamy! He even changes diapers! 







No comments:

Post a Comment