Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cozy Holidays

I found it both amusing and annoying that this year despite many times all three children were dressed up in their nice Christmas clothes, we could never get a photo of all of them together and happy. (Much less one of the whole family!) We would never have time for photos while getting ready to leave to go anywhere. By the time we returned, one or more of them would be tired, unhappy, and uncooperative. I may have managed to get a shot or two on my iPhone, but nothing good with Jeremy's camera. I'll include a few examples below:

Example 1: Sunday morning after church. Kids were dressed cute. Hey, let's get a photo by the tree! Not happening. We finally just decided to do a "crazy" shot because if Caleb was going to pout, we all might as well do that, too. 
Example 2: I include this because Emily's posture and expression are absolutely HILARIOUS! This was a classic mistake of waiting too late in the evening to take a photo. Anna Kate was tired and ready for bed. I bought coordinating Disney PJs and mouse ears for them for our Disney trip, but we didn't have a chance to photograph the kids wearing them.
Example 3: I think by this time we had bribed Caleb with a treat. Two of the three look pretty cute. Anna, still a hot mess. I even gave her a sucker thinking it might help. (I never do this.Truly desperate move here.) She would not sit down or let Emily hold her and she sure didn't like us leaving her "stranded" on the hearth! lol.

Sweet matching sisters Thanksgiving weekend after church.
This turned out cute because Caleb wasn't in it. lol!

Best I ever got of them all in their Disney Jammies. This was Thanksgiving morning while watching the Macy's parade. (You can still see Caleb trying to watch the parade out of the corner of his eye!)




One night the kids were particularly restless and bored so I decided to pop some popcorn and let Emily string together a garland. I thought if she really enjoyed it, I might have her make enough garland for their little "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree. She did enjoy it and it entertained her for about an hour. Jeremy took the opportunity to make several photos of the kids. I like these because they were just doing their thing. Unposed. Just natural and in their cozy everyday clothes.

Such concentration!

Caleb was all like, "Thanks for the popcorn. Don't mind if I do." 


AK has to take a peek to see what's in that big red bowl? 


No comments:

Post a Comment